HISTORY & SCHEDULE OF DANCING EVENTS:
1. Union Crew (UC) Awards Ceremony - ICLDI members will host an information booth/table at the UC affair on Saturday, January 24, 2015 at the BWI Marriott Hotel, Baltimore, MD. Drop by and meet members of the organization and learn about our programs. Our members will be available to talk with you from 8:30am - 2:30pm. There will be a drawing for a Coach handbag and Seacret body products. COMPLETED
2. Accelerated Instructor Certification Program (AICP) - two day Level 1 certification session.
May 8 - 9, Capitol Heights, MD - COMPLETED
May 13th; June 20th; July 25th, Capitol Heights, MD Level 2 Sessions.- COMPLETED
3. July 18, 2015 - Conference Call to Instructors, Charlottee, NC. The Consortium hosted a one hour conference call with dance instructors in the local Charlotte area. A presentation was given to the attendees on the history, goals and objectives of the organization. A Q&A period was provided to entertain any issues offered. All attendees were encouraged to consider attending a planned AICP session in 2016. COMPLETED
4. Accelerated Instructor Certification Program, two day Level 1 certification sessions.
July 31 - August 1, 2015, Atrium Dance Studio, 4721 N Crescent Blvd., Pennsauken Township, NJ 08110 - COMPLETED
August 21 - 22, 2015, Vanessa's Positive Energy - Community Entertainment & Fitness
1301 West Manchester Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90044. COMPLETED
5. December 6, 2015 - National Instructor's Conference Call , 8:00pm - 9:30pm - ICLDI Exeuctive Council will host a conference call for dance instructors. This call will provide an opportunity for the participants to discuss the ICLDI goals and objectives and participate in a Q&A session. Rescheduled to January 10, 2016. COMPLETED
6. January 23, 2016, Union Crew (UC) Awards Ceremony - ICLDI members will host a booth/table at the affair. COMPLETED.
7. February 4 - 7, 2016, Annual Big Bang Dance Classic - ICLDI Representatives will attend this line dance affair to participate and observe this progressive affair. COMPLETED.
8. February 26 - 27, 2016, AICP Level 1 Session - South Holland Library, 16250 Wausau Avenue, South Holland, IL Rescheduled.
9. May 13-14, 2016, AICP Level 1 & 2 - The Senior Center, 2501 E. Cortez St., West Covina, CA. COMPLETED.
10. June 23 - 24, 2016, AICP Level 1 - The Church of the Living God, Chicago, IL. COMPLETED.
11. July 29 - 30, 2016, AICP Levels 1 & 2 - Oakcrest Community Center, Capitol Heights, MD - DMV. COMPLETED.
12. August 20, 2016 - ICLDI members Dance Workshop, 1:00pm - 3:00pm - Okacrest Community Center. Rescheduled to October 29, 2016.
13. October 2016 - ICLDI members Dance Workshop - DMV COMPLETED.
14. December 2016 - ICLDI members Dance Workshop - Chicago, IL. Rescheduled.
15. Bi-Annual Retreat - September 16 - 18, 2016. Pittsburgh, PA. This event occurs every two years. It will offer 3 days of social fun and health & wellness for the the Consortium membership. The retreat will include 6 hours of continuing education on career counseling/psychological aspects of health and wellness, specific aspects of music and dance appreciation and teaching protocols. There will also be social line dancing, visits in the host city for shopping, eating and sight seeing fun! COMPLETED.
Confirmed AICP Activities & Sessions
16. Winter - January 2017, vending booth at UC Star Awards, Bmore, MD. COMPLETED.
17. March 24 - 25, 2017 - AICP, Oakcrest Community Center, 1300 Capitol Hgts Blvd, Capitol Hgts, MD
18. May 12 - 13, 2017 - AICP, 321 Taraval St. Covenant Presbyterian Church, San Francisco, CA
19. October, 5 - 6, 2017 - AICP, Tuscany Suites & Casino - The Vegas Jam, Las Vegas, NV