As a leading provider of line dance instructor certification programs, we take pride in offering the best technical and professional training.
The International Consortium of Line Dance Instructors (ICLDI) was founded in 2010 and has trained and certified line dance instructors across the
country. The ICLDI operates a national program under the leadership of an Executive Director, Program Directors and administrative staff located in
Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. Our main office is located in Mitchellville, MD 20721 and our staff is supported by four Regional
Directors in the Eastern, Southern, Mid-Western and Western parts of the country. These ICLDI Officers comprise the Executive Council that develops
operating policy and guidance for the consortium.The ICLDI comprises certified instructors with many years of teaching experience. Currently, all
applicants applying to join the organization must have two years of dancing experience with a minimum of 138 hours of instruction. Also, supplemental
workshops will be offered to the members to expand their learning and understanding of music and dance appreciation.
We also have members with experience in aerobics, zumba and other forms of dance. We offer three levels of instruction that starts with the
Accelerated Instructor Certification Program (AICP), Level 1 and Level 2. The Level 2 class was introduced in 2015. The Level 3 AICP is under develop-
ment and will lead to Master Instructor designation; plans are to offfer Level 3 and in 2017. Level 3 will include 14 - 18 hours of instruction and an
examination. The level 3 instruction is expected to include proficiency in the Universal Unit System, successful completion of a formal class in
music appreciation and understanding how to execute the dance patterns of hand/swing dance, of Hand & Swing, Salsa, Mambo, Lindy and Ballroom.
The ICLDI has established Membership Benefits and Responsibilites. The following specifications and responsibilites are included in our policy.
The first three requirements are considered critical and must be achieved annually to remain an active member:
- Pay annual membership dues by the date required;*
- Maintain valid and active CPR designation;*
- Attend a minimum of four (4) hours of instructor continuing education;*
- Hold with high regard and integrity the organization/certification earned;
- Work on at least one ICLDI program committee or initiative;
- Attend at least one class of an ICLDI instructor for support/information sharing;
- Teach a minimum of three (3) advertised classes or six (6) individual dances;
- Participate in a minimum of two (2) of the six (6) bi-monthly conference calls held annually.
The ICLDI has committees that are used to develop and implement policy for the organization. Each committee has a Chairperson responsbile for each
committee. All members of the ICLDI are asked to participant on at least one committee. Here are the current committees that are operational:
1. Social Media- includes work on the establishment/maintainence of the Facebook and Twitter (TBD) pages.
2. Website - works to ensure the information on the site reflects the current status of the organization.
3. AICP - develops and plans certification classes to be offered to the dance instructor public.
4. Outreach/Membership - works to share information about the organization with the dance industry.
5. CUP - researches and selects critical line dances to be taught by the instructors in their classes.
6. Retreat - plans the bi-annual educational and social retreat for the organization. Will be active again in August 2017.
7. Music Partnership - committee to work with musicians to obtain permission to use music with dances.
8. Dance Terms - committee updates the listing of common line dance terms and steps.